Sunday, August 15, 2010

Going to Hong Kong!

I'm in Melbourne airport, about to go to Hong Kong. And I'm not happy.
It's 1:15 in the morning and the plane has been delayed. They say we'll be able to board in half an hour, but then again, that's what they said half an hour ago. Aren't Qantas just brilliant?

There is an Asian man sitting next to me looks considerably more irritated than I am, which is saying something. He has been shouting into his iPhone in some foreign dialect for the last 15 minutes. The pregnant woman sitting behind us seems to have had enough and finally turns round and snaps at him to shut up. He replies in an incomprehensible burst of angry Asian diction. It is unclear whether or not he understood her, as he continues to shout into his phone.
A voice comes over the intercom.
"Ladies and gentlemen boarding the QF7149 flight to Hong Kong,"
Come on, gate open...
"Unfortunately, your flight has been further delayed. Melbourne Airport would like to apologize for the inconvenience."
Thats it? I've been stuck at this hopeless airport for 3 hours thanks to them and they haven't even offered me a toothbrush for compensation.




1 comment:

  1. AWWWW... did you end up making it to Hong Kong?? I hope the Asian man shut up eventually.

    love,
    Catreena
    >:cD

    ReplyDelete