Saturday, August 21, 2010





















When I first landed in Vietnam it was a cultural shock. It is more beautiful than I would have thought. The streets are lined with shops and everyone is riding on a moped. I sat at a cafĂ© and thought I should try the coffee. If I hadn’t known that it was coffee when I ordered it I would never have known it was coffee. It was super sweet and cheap. There was no chocolate on top or whipped cream just a thick beverage. It was so nice! Everywhere you go the people had immaculate manners. Altough they can not understand half of what im saying I have yet to go to Ho Chi Minh City but that is definitely the plan tomorrow. I have just come from Mui Nei beach, it was awesome!!! It was so beautiful and I would definitely recommend Mui Nei beach to everyone. There are these little boats in which people use a lot! I went on one with a local fisher. We almost capsized but he was a pro and quickly got everything right again. It was an outstanding experience and nothing is nicer than lying on the warm sand as you sink into it looking up at the cloudless sky, hearing nothing other than the waves crash. After i went to a small cafe type bar where they served alot of vietmanese snacks. The weather yesterday was rainy but hot never the less, today was amazing the sun was ablaze all day long. The weather is very humid so even when the cold droplets of rain hit your bare face it is followed by the heat of the country. In melbourne we have dry heat which is virtually the opposite of humidity. It has just struck 8pm and I am going into town to get some quality Vietnamese food. Everyone who has gone to Vietnam Recommended this restaurant to me apparantly it is the best money can buy. I have never known all the different food styles in the Vietnamese cuisine. The Vietnamese restaurants in Richmond dont even compare to the food that you can get for a fraction of the price over here. I’m in Vietnam for another month, although in sad I may not be able to do all the cool things this amazing country has to offer. I am still to goto all the markets and learn to ride a mopede as they blatently are the fastest way to ride around. The landscape is breathtaking, the beachs are sublime, the citys are remarkable. I will bring everyone back cheap stuff so just tell me what you want and I will see what I can do! I am heading to do all the markets next week, they sell EVEYTHING there and I cant wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment