Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Magnificent Mongolia




Hey all from Mongolia, I am having a fantastic time and at the moment I am in Ulan Bator the capital of Mongolia and am loving it. I am here in mid summer so the Nadaam Festival games are on and the full name means the three games of men which runs for the whole of the mid summer holidays. The three games which they play are Mongolian wrestling, horse racing and archery which I have never seen before and is spectacular. After that I visited Sukhbaatar Square which measures a whopping 31,068 square meters in size it took me about five minutes to walk across it. Suddenly the ground shook beneath me and I ran to the closest wall, when I heard a radio close by panicking but not being able to understand it as it was in Mongolian. A local runs up to me and tells me that it is ok to come out now and that it was only a shudder and not an earthquake. Today I am going to Tsetserleg. I arrive there and hop out of the tuor bus and take a big stretch with my arms above my head. The tour guide is now speaking to us in an accent that none of us can understand so i just stand there giving the occasional nod.

No comments:

Post a Comment